"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

February 6, 2009

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things....



Mom used to sing this song to me when I was in the bathtub:

"Oh, I wish I was a little bar of soap!

I wish I was a little bar of soap!

I would slip and slide over everybody's hide,

Oh I wish I was a little bar of soap!"

Strange that I remember that, I could not have been older than four. Anyhow, I sing this to Doc now. He thinks its the greatest, splashes about like fish and we both laugh.

I think soap is one of my favorite things for this reason. Well that, and it just seems so darn practical. I am a sucker for soap wrapped in pretty paper and if it smells like flowers, I am powerless against it.

As an esthetician, I confess, I know better. Bar soap is too strong, usually has the wrong PH and strips the skin of it's acid mantle (barrier that keeps moisture in). I figure there are worse things I could do.

1 comment:

John Barclay said...

But, but, but I like the smell of my bar soap! :)

Hey you need to be link to the RSS feed of my blog... http://web.me.com/johnbarclayphoto

Luv you!