I confess I have read the entire Twilight Saga.It took me a while and a whole lot of convincing from my clientele, but about three months ago I bought all the books and read them in about a week. I admit I was hooked from the first chapter.
I don't know why I have such a problem participating with the masses. If something is popular, it probably is for a reason, right? (I mean always using one's common sense, we can learn a lot from the crazy fen fen fad a few years back). I should really learn to open myself up to new things. I still haven't even read the Harry Potter series. Sheesh!
With my current attitude, if I had lived a hundred years ago, I would have missed out on the brilliance of Austen. (I don't know if you could compare Twilight with Pride and Prejudice but humor me for argument's sake).
Anyhoo, I watched the movie for the first time last night.
Not bad. I thought it followed the book's storyline rather well and some of the casting was spot on for my taste. I did not, however, like who they chose to play Jasper-that guy was way too goofy to be an elegant vampire. And the movie seemed to go much slower than the book, but I think that is to be expected.
In conclusion, I enjoy teenage vampire love.
I recommend teenage vampire love.
Now on to reading about child wizards.....
Anyhoo, I watched the movie for the first time last night.
Not bad. I thought it followed the book's storyline rather well and some of the casting was spot on for my taste. I did not, however, like who they chose to play Jasper-that guy was way too goofy to be an elegant vampire. And the movie seemed to go much slower than the book, but I think that is to be expected.
In conclusion, I enjoy teenage vampire love.
I recommend teenage vampire love.
Now on to reading about child wizards.....


5 comments:
Ha ha! I am always excited to know that I am not the only one who participates in this guilty pleasure...I Loved the books...right down to the last page...even though I do think the ending was a little anti-climactic I still loved it! Also, have you read "the host"? I liked it better than I liked the twilight saga.
As far as the movie goes, I do have to say that I was rather disappointed the first time I watched it. I imagined Bella to be a little more fragile, and the Bella/ Edward relationship to be a little less...awkward. I think that Alice and Jasper were wrongly cast...
My sources tell me that the author had wanted the girl who played in series of unfortunate events...ah, I would have liked to see that one...ha ha. I did love Rosalie! And by the 3rd time I was pretty much hooked...ha.
It is kinda cool though, most of it was filmed pretty close to Goldendale, right in the Columbia Gorge so that affilitation I feel makes up for Bella & Jasper :D
I am Excited to see the next one!
They cast Dakota Fanning as Jane...which I am excited to see!
AmyJo,
I did read The Host. I liked it. But I like the first Twilight book the best. I'm a silly romantic that way.
Have you joined goodreads.com yet? You should, we could be friends! :)
I haven't read Twilight, but I loved Harry Potter--The first book is my favorite, but you have to have the rest of the story, so just know that when you get around to it, there is a treat waiting there. Also love the yellow splashiness of the new blog name. Nice work.
I love Twilight. They are the only books I have ever bought besides church books.
Okay, I am a huge reader and am glad you jumped on the Twilight bandwagon. I didn't think they were written really well, but they were clever and I like them...enough to read them through twice. But I have to tell you that I LOVE Harry Potter!!! I cannot count the times that I have read them. I have limited myself to reading them once a year...usually when I'm suffering from some ailment or another (like now for instance...I'm almost done with the 6th book) :) Anyway, they take a little bit longer to get into than Twilight, but keep reading and you won't be disappointed. The moral of the books is just great. The 3rd and 7th books are my favorites!
Are we friends on goodreads yet? I have to admit that I haven't done much on goodreads for the past 2-months, but it is quite addicting isn't it? I can't wait to get back to it.
Post a Comment