"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

March 25, 2009

Hold On Thy Way

The past week or so has been rough.
I frequently need to put myself in a time out so I can let the tears go. Some things are just in Heaven's hands and not my own. Sunday evening was especially hard and I held Murdock (perhaps a little too desperately) close as I cried.

He was very confused.
Mommas don't cry. (He's new here.)
He did the only thing he could at that moment-he licked my tears away.

Smiling now through tears, I remembered a song I used to listen to ALL the time in Africa.
I wanted to share it and was thrilled to find it on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwzMNKAT0p4

Oh people, God hears us. Even the silent prayers we are not consciously aware of-the ones only our hearts can know.
He hears me.
He loves my family.
He loves me.


I love Him back.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Nanette, I have been thinking about you all week. How is Dale? How are you holding up through everything, including being far away? I'm so glad you posted this link. I needed it today. Love coming your way!

Heather said...

What a sweet post. I loved that Doc comforted you. I am so sorry it has been a hard week. Hang in there Nanette. I love you!

AmyJo Denise said...

Thank you for posting this link.

I too have been thinking of you all week. And cried thinking about this situation, and the impact it must have on each of your family members.

We Sang in Choir last Friday the following song:

God Hears the Very Smallest Prayer,
Nor Sends across too great to bear.
And though we stumble now and then,
He always picks us up again.
There is no moment Day or Night,
When we are Hidden From his sight.
No Wall to high nor door to stout
to keep his loving care without.

His ways are wiser than our own,
His strength remains when ours is gone
We must not doubt or question why.
he sends the answers by and by.
When this is clear within our heart,
all darkness fades and shadows part.
We Know Sometime, Somehow, Somewhere,
God Hears and answers every Prayer.

I know He is listening. Know that I send my love too! And my Virtual Hugs!

John Barclay said...

God loves you, Robert loves you, Murdock loves you and I love you... A wonderful song. Thanks for sharing.