I knew it was true when I was given this little piece of info while pregnant but I had no idea HOW true until after Doc arrived.
Now, a whole year later it is still relevant but I am older and wiser. I have figured out how to out-smart and not only survive in this crazy motherhood, but THRIVE.
Here's how I get by, but if any of you have anything else to add, please leave a comment as I am still perfecting this.
First I wipe my face and under arms with these babies:
They are oddly refreshing and take only seconds to use. They probably are not the most frugal thing in the world-around $5 at the Wal Mart for a month's supply-but we are talking about surviving here so I splurge a little.Then, I apply deodorant. I've found this one to be the best one of all-time. (I'm kind of a big gal and tend to sweat quite a bit, so trust me on this):

After that is taken care of, I "wash" my hair. For around $7 at Sally Beauty Supply you can purchase the wonder that which is, dry shampoo. Simply spray, massage into scalp, brush and voila! Clean hair. I'm in love with this stuff:
My favorites are from Bath&Body Works and Victoria's Secret. A $9 bottle will last quite a long time.After that, I brush my teeth and get dressed. (I skip makeup unless I know that I am going out to some place where I would want to look nice).
All said and done, it takes me a little less than five minutes to get ready and I don't feel (or smell) like frumpy mom.
Now I have to figure out the whole eating breakfast thing...



4 comments:
I love the steps to cleanliness!! I am a fan of the same deodrant...big gal or not it works. I have never heard of dry shampoo, but I am glad I have now and think I may invest in some.
I'm excited to hear about dry shampoo too! Who knew? That is always my telltale sign of no shower, stringy hair. I am also going to see if I can find coupon in my huge stash for the facial wipes. I would like to try them too.
Don't worry, there will come a day when you can be reunited with your shower...ah the blessed shower! :) I like your ideas though. For a long time, I would take showers only at night after Todd got home from work. Those were good times. :)
That was awesome. I might have to try that stuff especially the dry shampoo. Thanks for the tips.
Post a Comment