There are those out there who, I am sure, are absolutely appalled at this. But please know that Murdock takes two naps a day, we have ample reading time, bath time, eating time, play time and then there is the daily walk we now take thanks to the summer weather we have been having. He doesn't get to watch TV as much as you might think. And my TV rule right now is that Doc is not allowed to watch anything unless there is an adult in the room with him. (This adult is usually me.)
Anyhoo, his most favorite things to watch are, So You Think You Can Dance and Sesame Street. But I thought I might share his favorite cartoons in case any of you out there are looking for new shows to let your toddlers watch.
First and foremost, there is :
I have to admit that I really like to watch this show as well. (I am easily entertained.) It is so stinkin cute and it teaches kids to read and spell. (I know the "Build A Word" song by heart.) You can find Word World on PBS usually in the mornings.Then there is The Mr Men Show.

This is found on the Cartoon Network and its a little quirky but he laughs himself silly every time he gets to see it. And it brings me back-I adored Little Miss Sunshine when I was little.
Next is my personal favorite:
Max and Ruby can be found on Nick Jr in the early afternoon. It is based on the books by Rosemary Wells and I find it to be sweet and funny. Doc loves Max with his whole little soul and so do I.
And last but certainly not least:

Natalie told me about the Backyardigans also found on Nick Jr. They are so ADORABLE! They teach kids that they can be anything and do anything when they use their imagination and pretend. They sing and dance and celebrate their differences-we love this show and Doc dances along to every song.
Well, I hope you enjoyed our little review of Murdock's line up.
Have a great day all!


4 comments:
We love backyardigans and Max and Ruby is on of my all time favorites. I also love Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, but I'm not sure it airs anymore, one to look for on DVD. Jake used to watch Barney, so handily showing at 5 p.m. right while I was trying to make dinner. TV is so often a friend! (that is why I can comment to you right now!)
Ayla likes the Wonder Pets. We don't really watch shows on the TV. We don't have cable and we don't get stations in very clear. We watch things on the computer.
I love the first one you showed. I want to see it. How cute that their bodies are letters spelling out what they are. Too cute
She also likes "Annie" the musical.
Murdock has great taste. Our girls have been Backyardigans and Max and Ruby fans for a few years now. They are so darn cute!
Love Backyardigans and love, love Max and Ruby but I have to say that Word World drives me CRAZY!!! I think the animation is really superb, but I cannot stand Sheep. Her voice is enough to make my skin crawl! When we had cable we really liked to watch Pinky Dinky Doo and Wonder Pets. Now we just stick with PBS. Riley loves to watch Super Why.
And by the way, I don't think there is anything wrong with a little t.v. You do not need to justify Murdock watching his favorite shows! :)
Post a Comment