"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

April 9, 2009

My Addiction


Hello, my name is Nanette and I have a book addiction.
I cannot get enough of them....
This may not seem like much of a problem to the majority of the masses, but trust me, it is.
You see, I like to own the books I choose to read.
I probably have a thousand dollars worth of books easy. Yikes!!!
I need to get a library card!
On a less neurotic note, I did clean out the purse. Among the treasures found were a paintball gun and a saxophone stand. Groovy. Now she just needs a good scrubbing, but Carma will simply have to wait for better weather. :)

5 comments:

Natalie said...

A saxophone stand...HMMM!!

Sara said...

I hear ya! I can't get enough of it. I would...and do...sacrifice sleep to curl up with a good book. I am also not opposed to reading my favorite books over and over again. I never tire of those good old stories. Reading is my escape. It keeps me sane! :)

Heather said...

I didn't really start reading books until after I read The Book of Mormon. Before that I hated to read and now I have come to love it.

Jenny said...

Hi, my name is Jenny, I'm an addict. A tip from one to another: thrift stores, library sales, and half.com!

* said...

I'm a librarian, and yes! Run out this instant and get a library card, it will save you oodles of $$!

PS: I have a book addiction, too, almost as bad as my chocolate addiction! ;)