"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

April 13, 2009

Weekend Update



Today I took Murdock to the park in Clark's Summit about 15 mins away from our house. He rode the big boy swing for the first time but he acted like an old pro. He thought it was pretty fantastic. We also discovered that he loves the slide and taking spins in his new ride.

I always thought it would be fun to have a Jeep Liberty. I think they are cute and sporty and look like a lot of fun to drive. Well kids, I got one! Meet the newest addition to our family:

She's a smooth ride! And just the color I wanted too-green!

Anyhoo, we had a pretty darn good weekend. Bobby has been preparing to hunt turkeys. He has almost mastered the turkey call and his skills with the bow have been sharpened. We are saving up to purchase the camo and then, I do believe, he will be all set to do some mighty hunting!

On Saturday, I took a delicious afternoon all to my sweet self! I went to the Starbucks and ordered my favorite Caramel Apple Spice Cider (it tastes just like a caramel apple-divine!!), sat myself down in a big comfy chair in the sunshine and spent a good solid hour reading. It was just what I needed!!! I returned home a new woman!

Sunday the Easter Bunny arrived early. Murdock had a great time tearing into all of his new goodies, but the biggest gift given that day were the first steps my baby took to his momma. He walked straight to me! (I get teary everytime I think of it!) Ok, so I was holding his new crayons-but still, he walked! To ME!

My baby is growing up! (sniffle)

And now for a little chuckle. Bobby found this, it was taken from a real test. Enjoy!


3 comments:

Natalie said...

I love the swing picture and the new stroller. How fun!! I am glad you had a good Easter and got a little time to yourself - the best present sometimes. I can't believe your baby took some steps...that is a big boy!!

Heather said...

Yay! Murdock walk to you.

I love the new Jeep aka stroller.

I need to take Ayla to the park. She has never been there yet.

Jenny said...

Congratulations!!! What a great weekend! So exciting when they do all the cool firsts.