I am allergic to Pennsylvania.
Oh well, guess we will just have to pack up and move back to Utah. We gave it a good run.
No. But I am allergic. I've had severe urticaria (hives) for the past, almost four days (I will spare you the pictures). My Dr believes it is due to the pollen out here. I've never been allergic to pollen before but whatever.
As we speak, my body is covered in welts the size of dinner plates...I need a scape goat of some form-pollen it is!
Dear Pollen,
I hate your stinkin' guts.
You are the slime between my toes.
You make me want to vomit.
Love,
Nanette
Rest assured, I am receiving treatment. I get to take all sorts of antihistamines and steroids. I take cold showers twice a day. I get cortisone shots and have covered my body several times over with nasty smelling calamine lotion.
The most frustrating part is not the stinging. It is not even the itching or the fact that I had to miss church. No no, the most frustrating part is that I can't hold my little boy or hug my husband. One little touch is all it takes to set off another constellation of hives. Booo!
I hope they go away before our trip next Monday. I can't imagine the bliss of a nine hour trip smooshed in a plane with all manner of people shoving and such. That would just be peachy.
June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
That sounds terrible. I can't believe that you all-of-the-sudden got hives. WEIRD!! I will be thinking of you!
Argh! It sounds horrible!
I spent last night in the ER. I feel much better. I heart Epipens. :)
You poor thing! I am so sorry! I hope they go away too before your trip.
Oh dear! When I lived in Utah I had some hayfever, but when I moved to PA...oh man it was bad. Though I have to say, I didn't get hives so I guess I can't complain. I just could hardly open my eyes or breath, but I'd take that over hives any day. So sorry to hear your woes. I'll curse pollen with you. Boo! Hiss!
You have slime between your toes?
Oh and how are you now? Are things better? Allergies in PA ARE different than out West for sure!
Post a Comment