"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 18, 2009

Spoiled?

In preparation for our upcoming vacation, Bobby and I have been collecting things to occupy the child. We have art supplies (Color Wonder), a felt board book, small chewable toys, and books. But we know our son and we are 100% sure that these things will be inadequate.
So we debated and mulled over the idea of a portable DVD player.

When Murdock was born, more than one of our friends mentioned the importance of this electronic device. They urged us to purchase one early and waste no time.

We have weighed the pros and cons and have introduced Phillip to our family.
I pray he helps entertain our Murdy. I pray he lasts forever. I pray we haven't spoiled our boy too much.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

After my last trip, I'm wondering if I need one too!

It was NOT the Cafe Rio that got me sick, thanksfully. You are good.

I got my package in the mail! YEAH!
You, my dear, are the perfect package sender. I LOVE everything about it. Thanks so much.

My friend invited me to a flip flop exchange. Are you interested? It's one of those, send to one person and, assuming everyone does it, you get 36 pairs of flip flops or something.

Jenny said...

Welcome, Phillip :). I used to make dinner while Jacob watched Barney. Sometimes TV helps!

Sara said...

Trust me, that will be the best investment you ever make...seriously, I'm not joking! The flight from PA to UT is lloonngg and you will be thanking the DVD gods that you had the smarts to buy one of their little jems. :)

Heather said...

How exciting you will love it and so will little Murdock!

Natalie said...

We used our portable on the plane home from Penn. and it was wonderful. It is a long flight and my children are TV children and it made it less of a headache for everyone.