Since the arrival of my new ipod, I have spent many a wasted hour searching out new and exciting ways to enjoy it. My latest and greatest discovery has been the FREE downloadable podcasts from itunes. I am positively addicted to the old time radio shows (just more proof of my true age:86). What will happen if Jack doesn't reach the Dr in time? Will Mary ever forgive and learn to love again? Will Harvey join the war effort? Addicted.I have always been pretty proud of myself for not getting sucked into the seedy world of soap operas. I don't read trashy Romance Novels, and I do my best to stay away from smut in movies and music. But here I am, absolutely enthralled with 1950's drama, go figure?
We all have our vices people, don't judge me!

In other news, Murdock has started to really develop his own little play list. He loves Doris Day, Primary music and Veggie Tales. And then last week while watching some hunting show with his dad, he discovered The Smashing Pumpkins. They were playing Bullet With Butterfly Wings and Doc busted a serious move.
Now whenever this genre of music pops up on the television or radio, we have to pause and watch Murdock for the next dance craze.
Rock on little buddy, rock on!

Before we boarded the plane for the super long trip home from California, I did something I never imagined I would do-I offered a bribe. I let Murdock know that if was a good baby and didn't fuss too much that I would let him have a new toy when we got home.
I had no idea if he could understand what I was offering and for a moment, chided myself for trying to strike up deals with a 15 month old.
But a funny thing happened, it worked! We arrived home exhausted, but we were alive! We didn't try to kill each other after all!
Seriously, I could tell that he was actually making an effort to behave himself.
Well slap me around and call me Susan!
So after we recuperated, we jumped into the car and drove ourselves to the closest Toys R Us. There we agreed on the Little People car garage (come to find out, Bobby had one too-cuteness).
After putting the thing together (I am giving myself a high five for that one), we discovered it came with a free DVD.
Murdock has never sat so still or been so glued to the TV. Its a bit scary. But if you need a nice quiet time DVD, I highly recommend giving the Little People a try.
To round off this very random post, I now submit for your viewing pleasure, how I start my day:

That is Murdock's diaper you see in the corner. He likes to start his morning breezy and fancy free.
Do you think another bribe is in order? Good Grief!


4 comments:
You crack me up!! I guess there is alot of cracking at your house though.:) My kids LOVE little people. We have a few movies and a CD for in the car and they love them all. I am glad your Murdock discovered it also.
now I have to ask. Have you heard of the Bickerson's? An old radio show Peter and I once enjoyed laughing ourselves to tears over.
I have not yet listened to the Bickerson's! I will have to see if I can find them! Hooray!
Glad to have a long newsy post from you! I mentioned that I found some 1920's magazines, well, they are full of that drama as well, only written. I love the diaper dropper and we owe many hours of peace and sanity to the Little People! :)
Post a Comment