Mudock at In and Out Burger in RenoHello my lovelies!
Murdock and I are still vacationing in sunny (and dry) California. Sadly, Bobby had to return home last Sunday so Doc and I have been braving it alone for almost a week. So far, we are surviving each other. Here are all the new developments (try not to get overwhelmed as there are many):
*The child has suddenly decided he has the "Stranger Danger" instinct. Unfortunately, the people he is most afraid of are family.
*He is teething like a mad man.
*He has also decided that he is a Momma's Boy. (I actually can't get enough of this one.) I get, on average, about sixty hugs a day. If he is off playing he will come back every few minutes to touch me and give my legs a good squeezing. He just needs to know that I am there and he is off and running again.
About this last one, I remembering hearing a talk a few years ago from a woman whose children did the same thing. She made a great point and I thought I would just share it with you all. She said (in essence), "Wouldn't it be wonderful if we took the time to check in with our Heavenly Father this way? If we just took a moment every so often to silently pray and thank Him for whatever? Would we not grow closer to Him?"
Being on the receiving end feels fantastic. I feel like Murdock loves and appreciates me....I think God would like to have that. I am going to try harder to check in more often.
We travel home on Monday.
Wish me luck, it will be a long long day.
P.S-Phillip is a keeper!!!!
Murdock and I are still vacationing in sunny (and dry) California. Sadly, Bobby had to return home last Sunday so Doc and I have been braving it alone for almost a week. So far, we are surviving each other. Here are all the new developments (try not to get overwhelmed as there are many):
*The child has suddenly decided he has the "Stranger Danger" instinct. Unfortunately, the people he is most afraid of are family.
*He is teething like a mad man.
*He has also decided that he is a Momma's Boy. (I actually can't get enough of this one.) I get, on average, about sixty hugs a day. If he is off playing he will come back every few minutes to touch me and give my legs a good squeezing. He just needs to know that I am there and he is off and running again.
About this last one, I remembering hearing a talk a few years ago from a woman whose children did the same thing. She made a great point and I thought I would just share it with you all. She said (in essence), "Wouldn't it be wonderful if we took the time to check in with our Heavenly Father this way? If we just took a moment every so often to silently pray and thank Him for whatever? Would we not grow closer to Him?"
Being on the receiving end feels fantastic. I feel like Murdock loves and appreciates me....I think God would like to have that. I am going to try harder to check in more often.
We travel home on Monday.
Wish me luck, it will be a long long day.
P.S-Phillip is a keeper!!!!


6 comments:
Thank you for that nice spiritual thought. I'm glad you are having a nice trip - so, the fam is in California? Good luck on the trek home!
Brigham is in the same stage, I LOVE IT!
It sounds like a lovely trip!
I love all the new developments and I was so excited to see you had time to update on vacation. I love your thoughts on checking in with Heavenly Father...I am going to try it! I am also SO THANKFUL that I was a small part of your vacation!:)
It was so nice to see you! Glad you are enjoying your time in CA and your family!
I hope you survived the dreaded airplane ride across the ENTIRE country. Been there, done that...hated it! :)
oh my land! I didn't know you were so far cross-country.
Love the hug thoughts
Post a Comment