"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 24, 2009

What women want

Some years back, I came to the solid conclusion that every girl deserves flowers. Am I right ladies? At the time I had no man in my life so I took to buying myself flowers every Friday. It made me smile to wake every morning to fresh flowers on the night stand. The day just seemed to start better and I knew that even if I had to buy them myself, that a loving God created them for me to enjoy and therefor, I was terribly loved.

As the years have passed and the bills have added up, I no longer have the luxury of buying flowers every week. But my sweet husband and charming little boy like to surprise me on occasion. The above picture was taken on my last week of working at my most favorite job in the world. (I would still be working there but, of course, we moved.) They surprised me with a single gorgeous rose and a bunch of little baby roses. Every time I look at this picture, I melt a little bit.

As I write this, I am looking at a dozen long stemmed, red roses on the kitchen table. Bobby knows that every girl deserves flowers, even if there isn't much of an occasion. He knows they help me to feel loved.
It is one of the reasons I love him.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

That is a cute picture of your men and some flowers!

Jenny said...

Congratulations on the roses! Nathan bought me a big bunch of yellow ones the day after he lost his job. They were beautiful in January and made me feel loved too. :)

Heather said...

I love to have flowers too. There is just something about them that are so special. I love that they brought you flowers. You deserve it. I love the photo, too cute!

John Barclay said...

Way to go Bob and yes Nanette you and all women deserve flowers and especially for not specific occasion.