"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 24, 2009

Going Into the Closet

Our offer was accepted and we have started the long process of paper work, inspections and waiting. If all goes well, we should close on November 27. (Happy Birthday Sis!)
I will update if anything changes.

So I have decided to stop being such a big sissy and enjoy my new closet life. I know that back in "the olden days," many a wife and mother had to cram families much larger than mine into spaces much smaller. I figure we will just have to get a sofa bed for guests and eventually fit two babies into a very small bedroom. I am even considering buying a queen size bed instead of our luscious king to free up some more space in our bedroom. See? There are things you can do to make it work.
The house really is quite quaint and has the potential to even be lovely. When we are done, even the fabulous Mrs. Sarager (who is a homemaking goddess) will want to visit.

Natalie, get your vinyl cutter out, I think that little saying of yours should go by the door.
Little Closet House, here we come!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! That is really exciting. You will enjoy your little abode. I love small houses. I grew up in a small house and shared a room with my sister. I know that living in a small house, is one of the reasons my family is so close. Besides I love your house. I can't wait to see pictures of the inside and what you do to it.

Natalie said...

I am so glad they accepted your offer and that you are onto the paperwork part of buying a house. We have the tiniest rooms in our house too. Our closest are so small they can't even be considered closets. I know you will fit just perfect! :) Yay for you!! I can't wait to see pics of the inside. Post some as soon as you can get some!

Unknown said...

I thank you, dear sweet friend. I can't wait to see the wonders you create!

Perhaps we can arrange for a bed swap, I have been DYING for a king.

I have a super stellar queen with your name on it!

Love you!

Jenny said...

Congratulations!!! Go to the library and get the book called "The Not So Big House" and its buddies, whose names I can't remember, and enjoy them while you wait to get into your own! :) So happy for you!!!!

Amy said...

You will be mighty happy to have that garage for storage. I'm glad you found a house you really like that fits your budget. I'm sure we only had 900 square feet finished in our house before we had our second baby, and only about 1000 square feet finished until we had our 3rd (we figured out it was possible to finish our basement and we did it right before Isaac came along). Small houses make for close families, right? Is your profile picture new? You look so, so gorgeous!

Janene said...

I'm scrolling down a bit. My, you've been busy since I've browsed blogs! Good luck with all these big changes!!