"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 9, 2009

I hope this doesn't jinx us....

Tonight we make an offer on a house.
We have been house hunting for a while. We would still like to build, we have the land and all but it is taking seriously FOREVER! We have been here nine months and all that has really been done is the perk testing. So a house hunting we did go and this is what we found:
Pretty much my dream house.
This is the front of the house there is a porch in the back as well.
This is the original front dutch door with stained glass.
This is the foyer and one set of stairs.

This is the sitting room. The blue carpet will go all the way of the earth.

The master bedroom is lovely. Note the hardwood floors-that is what is under the blue carpet. And that is an original gaslight fixture that was converted over to electric.

We don't love the bathroom. It needs a face lift.

The kitchen also needs a lot of attention. I call the stove Mabel. She is gas on one side and you have to light a fire on the other.

The house itself is Victorian, it is guesstimated to be about 100 years old. We will need to update the electrical as well.

It is 2023 sq feet. Four bedrooms, one and a half bathrooms, it has a siting room, family room, formal dining room and a huge attic and basement. The yard is a bit small but it is much bigger than some of the yards we have seen.

It will probably be a month or so till we know it can be ours. (I hate waiting, don't you?) But we thought long and hard about it and we both felt we would always regret not trying. So that is the news for today.

Wish us luck and keep us in your prayers that we will end up in the place that is best for us.

11 comments:

Marina said...

Nanette, it is so beautiful, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Tammy said...

I love it, and all the original old details. Good luck!

Unknown said...

It is gorgeous! I hope that you get it. Even Mabel (the stove) is neat! The hardwood floors are great! What a wonderful family home!

John Barclay said...

It is darling! Yes I said darling so get over it... but don't tell anyone okay?

That stove is just like we had in our first house..... :)

AaronTara said...

The house is awesome... good luck! I love old houses. The house we just sold was 101 years old. They have such great character. : D

Jenny said...

Wa-Hoo! Love to play house in that!

Natalie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Even the bathroom that needs updated it wonderful. I hope you get it. I need an email telling me where it is and how close to in-laws and about the layout of the house. Good luck! I will be praying for you! Oh - and I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic of Murdock I got in the mail yesterday. SO STINKING CUTE!

Sara said...

I love it...where exactly is it? I'm crossing all my fingers and toes that you get it. :)

Heather said...

Beautiful home. I hope you get it. I will pray for you guys. If you don't get it, Heavenly Father has other plans for you. :)

Unknown said...

OH! I hope it works out, because this home is PERFECT! I love it!

Best of luck!

Amy said...

Finally found five seconds to look at blogs and clicked on yours and found THIS! I am SO hoping you get this home. I can completely see why it is your dream home. It is gorgeous!