Friday, (the b-day) was pretty low key. Bobby went to work. Murdy and I ate candy for every meal. (He ate other stuff too-but I didn't.) And that night we all piled in the car and sped off to our Branch's Trunk-or-Treat.
Trunk-or-Treating was promptly canceled due to a down pour and a little party was staged instead. We did not stay long-not much for a 19 month old monkey to do and I saw a bunny sneeze on him. No, we did not stay long.
I got lots of uber lovely gifts. My Beth sent me a party in a box (we have not had the chance to use it yet but stay tuned for some great pictures). She also sent me money that I accidentally cut up.
I got lots of uber lovely gifts. My Beth sent me a party in a box (we have not had the chance to use it yet but stay tuned for some great pictures). She also sent me money that I accidentally cut up.
My mom sent me some new jammies (that I REALLY needed) and a cookbook that she made just for me. She hand wrote family recipes and put them in a darling photo album. This gifts means so very much to me and is an automatic treasure. I FINALLY have my Grandma Joy's recipe for white bread. Woot Woot!
I also got fantastic homemade soap from my Jen and the sweetest ever headband! (She made it all by herself-always amazed at the crafty people in the world.)
I, of course, took myself to Time Out but I also got some new eyeshadow from Sephora. Here is me sporting the new look.
Here is a sneaky peak at my monkey. I will post more pictures of him later this week but I just had to share.
Saturday, Murdy stayed with his Grama and Bobby took me out on the town. We did some window shopping and took my ring to get sized. And then of course there was lunch. We love to eat at Lonestar, it is not glamorous but the food is super yummy.
Here is me having lunch.
I had the sweet bourbon salmon and loaded smashed potatoes. Mmmm, my favorite!

Here is Bobby having lunch (forgive the phone photos-it's all I had to document with.) He had a steak and cheese sandwich that he found to be, "real good."

After the food was all gone, he took me to a movie. We saw Where the Wild Things Are. We both really enjoyed the movie but we agree that it is not a show to take super little ones to. There are some situations that would have terrified Murdy.
Saturday was really rainy and we spent a lot of time in the car driving around but this was my favorite part of the whole day. It gave Bobby and I the chance to really talk. It feels like forever since this has happened and it gave me pause.
My greatest gifts are the people that I hold so dear.


4 comments:
WOW! What a lovely day! It looks like the perfect birthday! Full of wonderful surprises! YAY!
I love your band!
I love you!
Sorry for forgetting. I'm lame!
Love the birthday post! Can't wait to see more monkey!:)
Jackie sent me over here. What a super blog! I now follow :)
I want you to share grandma's recipe if you would be so kind! :) Glad for your birthday happiness. Sorry the bunny sneezed on your baby. I hate it when that happens.
Post a Comment