I LOVE October. I love everything about this month. Wasn't I lucky to be born in my favorite month?
Last year I took matters into my own hands and threw myself a birthday party-but not just any party....A COWGIRL PARTY!
I always wanted one of those.
(I have only posted pictures of my little family just in case the rest of the party goers are not comfortable with their photos being plastered where all can see.)
This is my kitchen all decorated with fun.
My CostCo cake was delicious.
I did make a wish but I am not telling you what it was.
And we posed in the wanted poster.
We wore party hats.
My 29th is coming up in just a few short weeks and as we still have no house and no friends a party is not in the cards. So I shall ask you, my bloggy family, what should I do to celebrate? Keep in mind all funds are heading over to the new house, so please be creative. And frugal.
Happy October!


7 comments:
What if your little family had a little art project party? Like all three of you made a painting or a drawing or a collage or something on the same size paper, and then you frame all three and hang them together in your new house, a reminder of a special birthday and something for the house :)
I think as long as your birthday is spent with the ones you love, it will be special! (And I love the cowgirl party, BTW.)
pumpkin carving?
halloween decorating?
costume trying on?
Octoberish things?
YAY!
I love that you threw yourself a party!
Check your e-mail, I'm sending you an idea.
I had to read this just to see what other peoples comments were. I am idealess and so I will be thinking about it and get back to you on this one!
I too LOVE the party from last year...it may be a tough one to beat!
P.S. This totally reminds me of Meet me in St. Louis, when the little girl says "Wasn't I lucky to be born in my favorite city?"
look at those dudes in their itty bitty hats. I love it!
and I apologize, I'm not an idea person at the moment. :o) But we do so love frugal type fun around here.
Okay, I would start the day by going to my favorite book store (sans-kiddos) and buying a good paperback book (look for coupons online). Then for dinner, I would go to Napoli's in Pittston (I know it's a drive, but it is so delish!) and get a Grandma's Pizza. Then I would go to the grocery store and buy my favorite ice cream...the FULL fat kind (it's a little known fact that when it's your birthday, all treats are rendered fat free and calorie free). I would take the ice cream home, have Todd put the kids to bed while I took a nice hot bubble bath. Then I would chow down while watching a good movie. Some movies we like are "Penelope", "17-Again" (wierd I know!), "Run Fat Boy Run", "Waking Ned Divine".
Anyway, I hope I didn't post this after your birthday already happened. Whatever you do, I'm sure it will be fun!
Post a Comment