Bobby is going to be gone the better part of the week for training in New Jersey for his work. Only a few more classes and he will be a Nissan Master-woot woot!
So my goal is to post something on the blog every day. We shall see what I can dig up.
Today's entry: Meet our potential garage.
This is the garage located at the back of the house. Yes-it is connected to the garage next door. They share the roof. We don't love this aspect of the structure but beggars can't be choosers right?
The front of the garage has new siding.
But here is the side of the garage. Boo!
For whatever reason, they opted not to put siding on it. This is the only thing holding us back from qualifying for the FHA (no chipped paint) so we decided to do something about it.
I picked up Bobby from work and the first night we scraped.
This is my hard working guy doing the hard parts.
two and gave it two coats of primer.
We know we want to refinish the deck and fix up a few things in the back but lucky for us, it is really really small so it won't be too time consuming or expensive. :)


8 comments:
I love that you are working on your house already! That will make the move so much easier!
I love the house, I think it is darling!
Send me lots of emails this week, I'll keep you company!
that's a cute little bungalow. Have fun!
Don't you love how close to your neighbors you are going to be? Gotta love living in the East. You should ask Bob to tell you about our "great" neighbors we had in West Pittston. Sheesh! I'm crossing my fingers that your neighbors are a wee bit better than ours were!!! Actually, everyone one else was fantastic in our neighborhood. We miss them lots! Good luck with purchasing your house.
The house is adorable! And it's nice that a little money (hopefully a little) and elbow grease can get you a better loan. It'll be fun to see what you do with the house! : D
I love your house. It is so adorable. Great job on the garage! That sucks that it might have to be rebuilt but if you do then you will lover your garage.
Way to work!! I love all the pictures. I hate that I am not the next door neighbor so I could see all this stuff first-hand, but I guess I will have to settle for pictures. Post as many as possible...even if it is just the side of the garage.:)
Glad they let you do the work for the loan! I hear they are sometimes weird about that! Good luck! We are keeping our fingers crossed for you!
Great job documenting this project AND getting it done! Fun stuff to follow. Good work Bobby and Nan.
Post a Comment