"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 17, 2009

My New Treasure

This year I joined The Bloggers Ornament Exchange. (Thanks Tammy! I saw this button on her sidebar.)



The idea is pretty simple. We all signed up and were given an ornament buddy to exchange with. So fun!!!!
My ornament from my new friend Melinda, arrived yesterday. Hooray!!!!
Isn't it beautiful?
Its a upcycled bulb from the Kansas City Country Club Plaza Light Display. They take the bulbs that no longer work and create ornaments. Part of the proceeds go to the Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics. What a wonderful idea!!!
I love my new little green treasure!
Thanks Melinda!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh goodie! You got it! Yea!!!
I'm glad you like it. I loved the idea plus where the proceeds go is a bonus too.
Enjoy your new ornament and I'll be posting about mine soon.

Be on the look out for it.!

Melinda

Heather said...

Way cute! I love it!

Janene said...

fun idea!