"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 27, 2010

THE LIST

It always takes me about a month to figure out my personal goals for the year. (Note that I used the word "goals" and not resolutions-I have already posted my resolution.) I have really taken my time to ponder the things that will enrich my life and raise the happiness levels.

My goals are for me, I refuse to make family goals without consulting the other members of our group. I will not make marriage goals alone (I actually tried that once and proceeded to attempt to force Bobby to do something-totally didn't work. You cannot take away someone's free agency...not even a husband's).

Some of my goals I shall keep between myself and God.
But some I shall share with you:

*This will be a year of self care. Calculated self care. I promise myself that I will do one thing a month to help me keep up appearances (if you will). No more mommy rut. No more mom jeans. (I really own mom jeans...what happened?) This month I dyed my hair a fiery black cherry color. I quite enjoy being a red head-I might just keep it for a spell. Next month I plan on buying a dress-a real dress. One that fits. One that I can wear with my new red heels Bobby got me for Christmas.
Ahhh. I feel better already.

*I have this wild urge to be more green. Something, somewhere, has lit a fire under my bum and I feel like I have had one of those born again moments. I know myself well enough to understand that my life will never be 100% green, but by george! I am sure going to try! I bought the cloth grocery bags, we have the Britta water doodad, I have revisited Burts Bees and am loving it and I have plans to shop more organic. I am researching energy efficiency and have plans to upcycle more and waste less. (I actually consulted Bobby on this one and he is all sorts of on board so maybe this is more a family goal? I don't know.) I want to buy a vegan cookbook. I want to learn how to make at least one vegan dish that we all will love. I will not become vegan.

*I will learn to love pregnancy. Well, maybe not entirely but I will try my hardest to find something that I will miss about it.

*I will have a least one Scentsy party before I decide to quit selling it.

*I will conquer the clutter! The Closet will NOT be over run with nonsense. If we aren't using it, it will go to the Salvation Army and bless the life of someone else.

*I will learn to speak up. Alright, this is probably the most difficult thing in the world for me to do. I will swallow some unhealthy emotion or thought and stuff it way down inside and let it fester and rot until it finds some way of poisoning my life. NO MORE! If something is wrong then I shall voice it and deal with it. Then I will let it go.

So there it is friends-The List. I think they are attainable. I believe I can do it.
I feel hopeful.

6 comments:

Melinda said...

Well, that's a list my friend!
I wish you good luck with this.
I have never been pregnant but I think if there was anything to miss it would be the special bond that a mother has with the baby while the baby is still in the womb.

Melinda

Natalie said...

You have NO IDEA how happy I am when I log on and see that you have updated your blog. It always makes for a happy day at my house. I love the new hair and new dress. I decided at one point to becme a little more green....so far, I recycle my newspapers. That is as far as I have gotten, but - it is a start. Hmmm....I don't know how I feel about the vegan recipes though.:\ I do know that I think you should start SPEAKING UP....if you sit in the back during Relief society it makes this a whole lot easier!! I to think you need to have a scentsy party before you quite too. I know easier said than done, but you definitely have my support from the other side of the country!:) Love ya!

Unknown said...

I think you are so lovely. I have been wondering how you are. I miss your email chatter.

Maybe when things calm down...for both of us.

How is the house?

Love you so much!
Wanting to hear pregnancy updates!

Jenny said...

I miss feeling the babies move. Every now and then, a really big gas bubble will move, and it will remind me, but it just isn't the same. :) (Yuck, I know.) If you want a clutter buddy (a book I read recently said you should get one) I will be there for you. I have clutter to battle as well. And if you need a vegetarian recipe that is yummy, I have one, but I found it is excellent with a little pork....:) Good Luck, cuz! Love you!

AmyJo Denise said...

Your list makes me happy! And...motivated. I have missed reading your blogs. They always bring a little sunshine into my life!

p.s. Would love to see pictures of the new hair color!!! perhaps in the new dress & red heels!

Jen said...

You know that black bean soup we had way back when? Yeah, it's vegan. Let me know if you want the recipe :)