Going from one child to two was a little more traumatic than I thought. There has been melt downs, weeping, wailing, tantrums a plenty...and sometimes the kids cry too.
There have been moments in these last two months where I really questioned my sanity. The number of grey hairs atop my head have doubled and I can now say I know what being tired really, REALLY is. I'm tired people!
But...
Tonight as we were driving home from my in-laws, Watson fell into a soft sleep and we could hear him purring like a Persian cat (what a yummy sound) and then Murdock (my sweet, sweet boy) pulled his blanket up around his jammie clad body, folded his arms and said his very first prayer without any help. Then he joined his brother in slumber land.
My heart was cozy in it's home as Bobby and I wiped at our teary eyes.
Ok, I can do this.
I can be the mom in this family.


6 comments:
OH MY WORD....look at those sweet little boys. They are both so precious. I LOVE Murdocks hair and your baby has such dark beautiful skin. You are a wonderful mommy!!
I have tantrums too. Savor those little moments, they are the reward for the rest.
Oh! That is so tender!
There are weeks . I'm in one. Where I need that affirmation every morning. It's true though. We CAN do this. :o) Cute little Watson! Fun to pop in and see your treasures.
I think there's something wrong with someone who has no problem going from one kid to two. Or three. Or four :) When I went from one to two kids it wasn't twice as hard, it was like quadruple hard! It grows exponentially. Hang in there. And I'm glad you're having moments that make it all worth it!
It's the little moments like this that give you the strength to keep going. Savor them, and write about them often. They may give your own children the strength they need to press on when they have children of their own.
x0
Crystal B
Post a Comment