I knew I wasn't going to get any presents this year.
We didn't have the funds for them.
And I was okay with it because I knew the kids would still have a magical day.
So on Christmas Eve, PJ the elf stopped by our house with new jammies to make sure the kids were ready for bed so Santa could visit. Murdock set out cookies and milk.
And we went outside and sprinkled Santa Dust (also provided by PJ) in front of our house so Santa would see us and visit our house first. :)
Then the kids went to bed and I took a shower and went to bed to read.
Suddenly, Bobby rushed in and said, "The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is on TV, come on, you've got to see this!" (Truly, that was a Christmas Miracle-we NEVER see any LDS anything on TV in these parts.)
So I went downstairs and I saw this:
We couldn't afford one this year so we were going to go without but Robert knew how much it would mean for me to have one in our new house. So while I wasn't looking, he went out and found this little guy for $15! The tree lot was about to close and they were just going to throw it away. Can you imagine wasting such a lovely tree?!
So I did get a present this year. I got to cuddle on the couch with my sweetheart and watch The Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing, we had Christmas morning in our new house with our babies and we had our very own Christmas Tree.



5 comments:
This might be the best story I have ever heard. Ever.
What a sweet guy! I love this!
We have been there. Glad you got your tree! We have been given the tree from the ward Christmas party one year and found a live tree (of all places) at Deseret Industries one year. ($8.00--I still remember.) Christmas miracles are all over.
Yay for a tree and yay for a great husband!! So sweet!! I am so glad you got a tree....every Christmas needs a tree!:)
aww this is awesome :)
This post made me smile!
Post a Comment