"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 7, 2011

Christmas At Our House Part Two

I think this was one of my most favorite Christmases of all time.
We were in our house (albeit a construction zone).
We were together.
And we were, for the most part, healthy. (There might have been a runny nose or two.)

Items of note:
We believe our kids should only get three gifts for Christmas because that is how many Christ was given and it is His birthday after all. Santa loads the stockings. :)
One of those gifts is always a book.
The book is always a big hit. :)

This year Murdock received bath toys and bubble bath, the Toy Story book and Toy Story 2 the DVD. Santa brought him a Thomas the Tank Engine electric toothbrush and Mack from Cars. In other words, Murdock had a perfect day.

Watson was given a fun crib toy that projects a "movie" onto the ceiling. (This has been fantastic.) He also got Snuggle Puppy and a Baby Einstein DVD. (Say what you will about Baby Einstein, they are a big hit at our place.) Santa brought him a rattle lion and baby cookies that he quickly devoured.

It was a wonderful morning and there was a lovely spirit in our home. I am so grateful for this wonderful time of year when we can focus on giving and remember the sacred reason for this holiday.












Photobucket

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Looks like lots of fun!

Have a great weekend.

Melinda

Natalie said...

What a fun Christmas! We are also 3 presenters! I love all the pictures....I was however a little dissappointed that there were none of YOU!! I haven't seen you forever I would LOVE to see a picture of you! Glad it was a great Christmas!

Sara said...

Tanner got that Percy toothbrush too!

Jenny said...

I love the Christmas jammies! :)