"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

April 6, 2011

My Big Brown-Eyed Boy Is Three!

I can't believe my crazy two year old isn't two anymore!
Seriously, where has the time gone?

This year we made our traditional pilgrimage to the Red Robin.
It is Murdock's very most favorite place ever! (If you don't count Grandma and Grandpa's house...and the library.)
He loves it because they give him balloons. And because they sing to him.
Here is a little hint about my boy, if you want to be best friends with him, all you have to do is sing to him, at him, with him...you get the point.





I even decorated this year. (High Five!)

Murdock has really been into dress up lately, so we had a dress up party with his play group. It actually turned out much better than I planned. Here are some of the kids but unfortunately, I wasn't fast enough to snap all of them in costume.



We discovered that dress up goodies also make fantastic party favors.

It is tradition as well, to have balloons.
Murdock adores them and it turns out they too, make delightful party swag.

This is my favorite thing in the whole world!
They played pin the tail on the donkey WITHOUT blind folds.
Super awesome good times had by all!

There were gifts aplenty but the dress up outfits stole the show!



Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!
Mommy loves you more than she could ever say.


Photobucket

4 comments:

AaronTara said...

He is so adorable! My Laura turns 7 this month and Avery turns 3 next month, so parties will abound. I've missed reading about your going-ons, but sometimes a break is needed. I'm glad you're back!

Natalie said...

SOOO SUPER CUTE! I love all the picture!! What a fun party and definitley a high 5 on the decor!! I LOVE the 3 yr old stage because of the super funny things they say! :) You will enjoy!

Heather said...

How cute!! I know what you mean, I can't believe Ayla turned 3 in February! The time has just flown by! Cute dress up party! Great job! Happy birthday Murdock!

Jenny said...

Leslie and I laughed at the cute tails on that donkey!!! Happy Birthday, Murdock!