(Murdock and his daddy on a good day)
I debated whether or not to share this little post but I needed to record it.
Have you met Murdock?
For the most part, he is a delight. He says his pleases and thank yous. He covers his mouth when he coughs. He only beats on his little brother when no one is looking. He has an enthusiasm for life and people that I never had.
For the most part I just want to squeeze him and eat him up with whip cream and a cherry on top.
For the most part.
Yesterday was cloudy and a little cool but I knew we had some time before it rained so I had the BRILLIANT idea to take the boys to the park for an hour.
I found a little park down the road that is never crowded and fenced in so I can let my three year old run free without worry and nagging from his mother.
He LOVED every single tiny moment of the park. He went nuts!
He even managed to make a little friend named Christopher who would sit next to him on the slide.
Watson and I sat on a blanket and watched the action. I'd say we all had a fairly marvelous time.
But Christopher went home and the clouds were getting darker.
It was time to leave.
I put the baby in the car and walked over to Murdock saying as sweetly as possible, "It's time to go home now."
Have you ever seen Gremlins?
Well that is what happened to my adorable little boy-he turned from my cute little friend into a small evil monster in 3.8 seconds.
Class 5 melt down the likes I have never, nor wish to ever see again.
He was SO loud all the dogs in the neighborhood starting a barking campaign. He kicked, punched, scratched, yelled, cried, went boneless and a mess of other ugly things.
People started coming out of their houses because they thought either 1) I was beating the poor wretch or, 2) I was kidnapping him.
So I finally made it to the car, all the while controlling myself and not saying anything. Turns out, that was the easy part.
Putting him in his car seat ignited WW III.
I have the bruises to prove it.
Some guy wrote down my license plate #.
Awesome.
Now Watson is crying too because he is fiercely protective of his older brother.
I had no choice but to turn up my radio as loud as I could stand and drive home with two gremlins hollering for all they were worth in the back seat.
Its moments like these that I have to give myself a high five for my amazing parenting skills.
I brought him home and forced him to take a nap.
The rest of the day went okay albeit exhausting.
I expect the police should make a call today.



5 comments:
Not sure if I should laugh or cry about this... I can certainly relate. I remember being in a store with Michael and he threw a tantrum... I got right down on the floor with him and threw one of my own. He stopped, looked at me and in his own brain probably said, "my dad is nuts, I'm done with this tactic get me out of here, he is embarrasing!".... At least that is what the look on his face said...
I've done that too John! :)
Actually, I have not seen Gremlins. Ah, well, sounds like I'm living it along with you on some of our days. While leaving the mall with my kiddos last night (mistake to take them in the first place) I thought I WOULD have to turn up the radio and ignore the noise all the way home. Instead I gave them a guilt trip and they got really quiet. :o|
Motherhood isn't easy, that is why not everyone does it. You are super!
I've been on that drive too. Stinks. High five to you!
Oh Nanette...we have ALL been there! Did Bob ever tell you about Riley? Umm, yeah. That child has thrown tantrums to BEAT ALL TANTRUMS! Really, it's a talent :) I have had bruises, cuts, scratches, headaches, more headaches, and even more headaches. I wasn't aware that becoming a mother included tantrums of that magnitude. It has even gone so far as to have nurses trying to tell me that I need to change the way I mother this child of mine. Wow! I'm getting tired just typing this :) Hang in there!!!!!
Post a Comment