"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 13, 2011

Thoughts on a Monday

I am sitting in my kitchen.
Good grief! When did it get so stinking dirty?
There are dishes piled up. My table is covered in who-knows-what and the floor needs to be scrubbed so bad I can actually hear it groan when I walk on it.
I really need to roll up my sleeves and dig in...

Which reminds me that all of my three quarter sleeve shirts are too big. I need to give them away. Its really too bad because they are still in good shape and I enjoy the 3/4 sleeve-it hides my arm dimples.
Arm dimples in babies=adorable.
Arm dimples in 30+ ladies= gross.
Did you know that the reason women get cellulite and men do not is because women have TWO layers of fat and men only have a measly ONE? Toxins build up like little pieces of frozen butter between the said layers of fat and create the dimples.
How lovely to be a woman!

Which makes me think that Time Out For Women is in October and I need to buy my tickets and book a hotel room.

Hotel rooms remind me that I am taking my kids solo to Utah, Idaho and California next month and I should probably start making lists of what needs to be done before I go and what I need to take.

I make lists. I make a lot of lists.
But I can never remember where I put them when I need them.
Or I make the shopping list and take it to the store only to keep it in my purse and go on an impulse buy rampage...did I really need to buy 6 boxes of jello? Probably not.

I need to go grocery shopping. The kitchen is bare.
But dirty.
So dirty...

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Are you looking at my kitchen? Kitchens all over must be getting this disease right now. So nasty. I hate that I am the only thing that stands between my kitchen and the disaster all the time!

Janene said...

my kitchen is always, ALWAYS thrashed, I meant to say trashed, but both words fit ... on Mondays. good luck!

Heidi said...

If you have time while you're in Utah, come see me! Our kids can have a fun little playdate:)