"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 23, 2011

Weekend Extravaganza Part One

My lovely mother-in-law Linda, treated us to a "Beginning of Summer/ Father's Day Weekend Extravaganza.

It. Was. Awesome.

We started out by driving down to Strasburg for A Day Out With Thomas.
I don't know very many parents who can say they witnessed all of their child's wildest dreams come true in one day, but I can.
Mudock meeting his idol is not something I will soon forget.

It was hot and a touch muggy but I could not have asked for a more perfect day.



The big man himself.

The coaches we rode on and a random lady that needs to pull up her shirt a touch.

He could not believe his eyes!

This isn't my Muchie's dream but he was cool with hanging out.

He kept saying, "Here he comes! Here comes Thomas!"

Classic know-it-all Murdock face.

Thomas pandemonium.

We got to ride this guy as well.

Grandpa hugs are the best!

Waving as the other train passes.

This was our destination: Paradise.

For some reason, I was not expecting so much corn in paradise.

Sometimes, you just need a nap.


Watching the world go by.



Murdock had the thrill of his young life and I am sure this will be a family highlight for years to come!
Thank you so much Linda!!!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

The Triplett Family said...

Oh my I bet he was in heaven that looks JUST like Thomas the train! Was that a surprise or did he know he was going to get to do that?

Natalie said...

How fun is that? I wish I could have taken my kids to see Thomas! Super fun for Murdock. I love the boys matchy green shirts! :)

Jenny said...

Your little man is sure growing fast!! How fun for your family!