"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 27, 2011

Good Morning to Me

I wanted to write this little gem down, not because I think it is worth remembering, but because it might come in handy years down the road when my boys are fathers and get to deal with the magic of everyday children.

I woke up to screaming.
Not angry or frustrated screaming which is the norm.
Not even hungry screaming, which is a sound one can expect to hear from Watson at any given moment.
This was REAL screaming. Like someone has just lost a finger screaming and I better get my phone ready to dial 911.

So I rush into the boys room expecting the absolute worst and am met with my sweet three year old in tears. He sobbed, "Mommy! Munchie broke his diaper and there is poopoo everywhere!"

Pause.

No imminent danger. Just a little boy concerned with the hygiene of his room.

This is somewhat of a shock to me because the child offended is the very same child who will poop his pants and hide from me because he doesn't want to take the time to get cleaned up.

But sure enough the offender in question stood happily sans pants with one foot in a pile of you-know-what, smiling to beat all.

Everyone has been cleaned up and the "broken diaper" has been disposed of. My children are happily playing in the living room like nothing ever happened.



(These photos are of our stay in a hotel last July.)
Photobucket

4 comments:

AaronTara said...

Yeah, the 911 scream is scary. We heard Laura doing it tonight as our Great Dane was trying to "play" with her. I think he thought she was a chew toy. But, no need to call 911. : D

Natalie said...

I love this story of the "broken diaper!" Ha, ha!!

Jenny said...

:) The kids will love this when they are older. :)

Sara said...

The joys of being a mother! I will never forget when Todd was out of town, Ava was a newborn, a friend was over on a Sunday practicing for a song she would be singing in church that day and that I would be playing for her...and Tanner, who wiped copious amounts of his poop ALL over the train table where he and my friend's son were playing. It just doesn't get much better than that!