"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

October 10, 2011

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

For a while now, we have been trying out what promises to be the BEST family tradition ever! (If you know me, you will know how completely nutso I am over traditions. Sometimes, I just can't help myself. )
Sunday Chicken Dinner....made exclusively by Bobby.
Oh good grief, could I ask for anything more perfect?!

First of all, I married a perfectionist when it comes to cooking, grilling or roasting any sort of meat or poultry. (Feel free to high five me right now.) He has studied and meditated and compared recipes and techniques for as long as I have known him. And let me just say, IT HAS PAID OFF!

Of all his various specialties though, the chicken dinner with organic roasted garlic butter is my favorite. He also makes divine mashed potatoes from scratch that he whips white cheddar in. Every Sunday, I feel like I have died and gone to heaven. (sigh)

Monday lunch leftovers are an added perk that I cannot resist.
Ok...I ate them for breakfast.
And I am NOT sorry!

I apologize for the lack of photographs...we ate it all before I could even think about taking a picture.

Photobucket

5 comments:

John Barclay said...

This is VERY good information to know.... Cathy and I will be planning a trip to YOUR house for MEAT!

Robert said...

We would love to have you! I can't promise it will be as good as Nanette makes it sound though:)

AaronTara said...

That sounds so yummy!

Susan Anderson said...

I loved your posts at Jackie's today, and it dovetails nicely with mine today. Thanks for sharing your experience.

BTW, my hubby is a great cook, too. And his meat is grilled to perfection!

We are lucky women...

=)

Sara said...

I can attest to the fact that Bob is an awesome chef! And Nanette...you ARE lucky. Though I will say that Todd can make some mean scrambled eggs :)