"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

This year we decided against trick or treating because our church wasn't having the usual trunk or treat. Instead we had a night devoted to great food and pumpkins.
The boys decided to paint the pumpkins we found in the beloved pumpkin patch. Murdock chose a red theme (his favorite color) and Watson had a little too much help from Daddy:






We also decided this year Murdock was old enough for pumpkin carving. This turned out to be the highlight of our night. There is something about pumpkin guts and little boys that just seem right and good:







Meet Jack:

Murdock loves Jack so much that he said a prayer for him on the way to the post office. (I think I am going to have to be VERY sneaky about Jack leaving us. Maybe I can say he took a trip to Jersey?)
Hope you all had the happiest of Halloweens!
Photobucket

2 comments:

The Triplett Family said...

Oh my, those pictures of Murdock and Robert carving the pumpkin are priceless. His face! I bet he loved it!

AaronTara said...

I love how Murdock looked horrified that Robert cut into the pumpkin. Those are always the best photos.