"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 10, 2014

Real Men Wear Wellies


Watson.
Oh my, Watson.
How can you love someone so much who makes you so tired?
Watson makes me tired.

But good heavens, he is an adventure!
I mean, his fashion sense alone is enough to give a body pause...and also a smile.

(This is his new buddy, Watson the raccoon. He came with books that he helps to read. Cute little thing, that.)

One day, I will try and record Munch's sweet, sweet dance moves. There are many. Its like Soul Train up in here.

Two weeks ago, we discovered a tick embedded in his arm. 
(Because ticks in the middle of winter are so common...?) 
I took him to the doctor to have it dug out.
And dig she did.

Did Watson cry? Did he scream? Did he need the three nurses they called in to restrain him?
Nope.
He just wanted to hold my hand and watch.
He also required a bandaid and a half dozen stickers.
Monster stickers.

The medical staff was indeed impressed (as they should be!) and invited him to come back anytime with ticks.
Um....
No thanks. That was enough living on the edge for his mom.

His new favorite thing is to run in a big circle and scream, "Catch me if you can!"

He also likes to tell me, "I can't like that Mom. I just can't like it."

Watson my boy, being tired is worth it to know you.



Photobucket

2 comments:

The Triplett Family said...

Awe, he grew right up since I last saw him. This post reminds me of that ecard that says "I live in a madhouse ruled by a tiny army that I made myself." ha ha.

Natalie said...

Oh my, look at that delicious little face!!