
BATTLE OF THE BULGE I
I call this picture, "Reality Check."
I realized the other day that there are no pictures of Murdock and I from the day he was born. I wouldn't allow them because I was too self-conscious. How heartbreaking it is to look back and know that I didn't document that precious occasion because of vanity!
It is no small secret that I gained way too much weight with the baby. For ten months now I have been vocal about it, I've cried about it, I've even pretended that it wasn't there but time has done nothing to make it go away. And so it all begins with Madam Reality Check seen above.
My sweet, ever supporting husband brought this home the other night so that I could have an accurate starting point. Not only does it give you your weight and bone density reading, it also lets you know your percentage of body fat. (Here's where it gets good!) Da duh da! I am 52% body fat.
I read that if a woman is 30lbs over weight it can lead to heart disease but it can also up your chance of getting cancer.
I have decided, after ten months of wallowing in self pity for not fitting into my "cute jeans," its time to get healthy. I want to be around to watch my little boy grow up. I want to love myself enough to do this. I deserve to have energy to play hide n' seek. I deserve to serve a second mission with Bobby. I deserve to see my grandchildren. I deserve to look in the mirror and feel good.
This is not a New Year's resolution, it is a life resolution. It starts today.


2 comments:
Nan
I am so proud of you. In your past few emails you have told me you were losing weight and I kept forgetting to tell you how excited I was for you. I need to do the same thing. I gain some over the winter that I HATE! You are motivating me also.:)
I seriously am here with you on that one! I love how you said, "life resolution". It IS all about being healthy. I have a chronic disease that I got from the mission btw and I strongly feel if I was strict on being healthy then it could be fixed. Life resolution...here we come!
Post a Comment