"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

February 20, 2009

Getting to know me...


My Natalie had this on her blog last month and I wanted to try it out. (Seems like a bit of a challenge.) It is super long-try not to get very bored. Good luck!

I am...somewhat of a drama queen. Always have been.
I know...that God loves me in spite of myself.
I have…a brand new shiny phone. Woo Hoo!
I wish…upon stars. Silly I know, but true.
I hate…clutter. I go to my crazy place if there is too much junk around. Bobby is always getting mad at me for throwing away stuff that he wanted to keep. I'm trying to be better with that.
I miss…my friends on the West Coast. :(
I fear...natural disasters and economic failure.
I hear...my little boy chattering at Thomas the Tank Engine on TV. He loves Thomas-thank goodness for DVDs!
I smell… dirty diapers all the time-even if Murdock is dry. Weird. And gross.
I search… for the socks that seem to disappeare in the laundry. Seriously-where do they go?
I regret…not cherishing my mission more while I was on it. You can't get that back.
I care… about my family and friends. I know I'm not the best at staying in touch but I think about them all the time and want so much for them.
I always…take my vitamins.
I sing… to Murdy everyday. Since the day he was born, its the only thing that really calms him down and he doesn't even mind that I sing off key.
I don’t… know.
I win… Yahtzee sometimes. Then I do the sore winner dance for Bobby-its awesome-trust me.
I lose… my mind daily. Have you seen it anywhere?
I dislike… milk. No really, I think its disgusting.
I never…oh see, I've learned not to say that about anything. Ever.
I am scared…of car accidents. I still refuse to drive here-its very different than driving in Utah or California.
I read…most anything I can get my hands on.
I am happy... when Christmas time rolls around-oh but its the best!
I hope…that Murdock will be healthy and happy his whole life long.
I clean…not enough as of late. Our living quarters are in disarray.
I express… my feelings pretty well.
I talk…in person. I am terrible on the phone.
I drive… my sweet Bobby nuts.
I watch…too much TV
I dream… of our new house and the gianormous bathtub it will have. Mmmm yummy bathtub.
I need…chocolate.
I haven’t…been to Hawaii. Sad.
I tell…time. On almost any clock-its a gift.
I pick…my son's nose. I have become THAT mom.
I find…that exercise is not bad once I get started.
I run…on my elliptical Rhonda almost everyday.
I quit…biting my nails....No, I still bite them.
I jump… with joy for date night!
I learn… to see everything with new eyes thanks to my son.
I own... the big 64 box of crayons. Nothing better than crayons.
I make… the best tater tot casserole. (According to Bobby)
I live... in the magical land of make-believe.
I bring...cereal to church.
I will… stop drinking soda. Well, maybe someday.
I vote… Independent
I buy… books and bars of fancy soap.
I fold…laundry on Thursdays and Thursdays only.
I stand…by my man.
I can… make my tongue into a taco.
I smile…when Murdock and Bobby smile.
I cry...too much. I'm a sap.
I pray...for strength.
I move… a lot. Hopefully once the house is up, we will not move again.
I swear… in my head sometimes. I'm trying to stop, I promise!
I try… to be a good girl.
I draw… conclusions.
I expect… people to treat me the way I treat them. Usually that is a good thing.
I work…really hard to be a good wife, mother, daughter, sister, cousin, auntie, granddaughter and friend. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't.
I adore...vintage things. I'm an old lady on the inside.
I fantasize…that someday I will walk into the grocery store and everyone in it will break out into spontaneous song (that everyone knows the words to) and dance (that everyone knows the steps to) and the bag boys come out and lift me in the air for the big synchronized shopping cart finish. That would be nice.
I look… a little disheveled at the moment, thank you very much!
I cherish…my marriage and family.
I appreciate… everyone that reads my blog and all the comments you make. It really means a lot to little ole me.
I treasure… friends
I could… do nothing without God.

7 comments:

AmyJo Denise said...

I absolutely love things like this! They are so much fun! I am going to have to add one to my blog!

p.s. Thank you for the encouragement, it really means a LOT!!!

John Barclay said...

Excellent, touching, tender, revealing, honest, YOU. I love you My Nannetter.. :)

Natalie said...

I laughed very hard at the shopping cart finish!! You make me laugh!

Tammy said...

I'm pretty sure it was just last week I was telling Chris how I wish for this spontaneous song and dance to occur ;)

Jenny said...

I loved the list enough to make one too! I didn't post mine on my blog, but I will share for a giggle. We love the belly button book too! Seth's favorite.

Nanette said...

You like me! You REALLY like me!!!

John Barclay said...

No... we love you!