
My baby will be a whole year old next month. Sniff.
I am going to throw him a teeny little party with a Sesame Street theme. (How he loves The Street!)
Here is my current dilemma: I have no idea how one can throw a party for someone who not only doesn't care-but will have no memory of the event. I don't want him to be over-stimulated and have a birthday boy melt down. I don't want the people who come to be so bored they want to run away the second my back is turned either.
I know I want to make an Elmo cake...but how is that done?
I do know I want to have his big boy pictures taken and have everyone sign a mat to display them in. Or I was thinking, maybe decorating a shoe box and have everyone write him a note that he can read when he grows up and goes out into the world. Not both though... what do you think?
I am making a plea to all the mothers out there who have gone through this experience, please help!!! I need suggestions! I want to have it all planned way way ahead of time so I can take my sweet time and not stress.
I would be ever so grateful for anything that might make this a special time for my little boy.


3 comments:
I know that you can buy Elmo cake pans alot of different places. If you can't find one in Penn. email and I will send you one. I love the signing the mat to frame idea. You are doing great with the party so far.
Try this link http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/elmo-birthday-cake.html (you might have to cut and paste) but it has some cute other mom cakes. As far as the party goes, keep it simple. Do make plans, but don't have expectations, just enjoy whatever happens. It is always fun to see them love the paper more than the presents, stick their faces in the cake etc.
Happy Birthday to your little guy this month! He is soooo cute! I loved reading your post about church magazines. We recently starting to receive them again and it has been so nice!
Post a Comment