"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

February 5, 2009

Little House in the Big Woods


This is where we plan to build our house. Pretty isn't it? And yes, I know that we are going to cut down a lot of the nice trees, but I promise we are not going to clear-cut. We just want to cut down enough for the house and some sort of a garden. (Bobby is all green thumbs and the like.)
Its a funny realization to come to...OUR HOUSE. All for us. Built for no one else but just our little selves. It's our happy thought.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Nan
I forget how many trees there are back east. I am so jealous that you are getting to build just what you want. Have you already found house plans you like? I also see that there is NO SNOW!! I am jealous about that too.

Marina said...

How exciting! It is going to be so beautiful, I can't wait to see it :)

Tammy said...

Very lovely! How fun!

Nanette said...

This picture was taken last month. We have been bombarded with several unhappy storms since. No plans yet. We just can't decide if we want a two-story or a cape cod. We probably won't start building until next year anyway. Still lots of things to do first!