"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

March 4, 2009

My Own Personal Revival


"If I'm losing balance in a pose, I stretch higher and God reaches down to steady me. It works every time, and not just in yoga." ~T. Guillemets


Last night I waited till everyone went to sleep, poured myself a tall glass of water, layed out the old yoga mat and did 40 minutes of the most delicious relaxation.

I have forgotten how well my body devours yoga. Before I started practising several years ago I admit, I thought it was a bunch of hooey. But I really learned to reconnect once I started. You feel more peaceful and dare I say, you gain perspective and a new appreciation for your body and all that it does for you. I am so sorry I stopped practising the last few years-heaven knows I needed it!

I really believe that the spirit, body and mind are connected. If one is congested or neglected then all three are off. I have recently posted my reconnection with my spiritual self and my struggle to slim down and get physically healthy-now its time to declutter my mind and get all three functioning together again.

I have never meditated although we are strongly urged to do so.
“Meditation is one of the most secret, most sacred doors through which we pass into the presence of the Lord” -Clare Middlemiss
I'm going to do my best to incorporate it into my new nightly ME time. Just a few minutes should help. Mediation and yoga are the perfect marriage.

After I workout and shower, I read myself to sleep.
My latest indulgence is Life of Pi by Yann Martel

(I highly recommend it). Reading helps me forget myself.

I know that being a mother and wife can at times be so stressful, discouraging, and often it goes without thanks. I have discovered this quiet sanctuary at night where I can renew myself and find the eye of the storm.

“Happiness does not depend on what happens outside of you but on what happens inside of you." -President Harold B. Lee

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good for you! We all need our me time sometimes. I might have to try yoga.