"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

March 31, 2009

Things That I Have Been Craving

First of all, I am NOT pregnant. I have just been craving things lately... I have been craving purple. I see it all over the place, it is, after all, a color of Spring. But I want to wear purple and that is where the trouble is. I have a hard time shopping anyway but if I throw a stipulation into the mix (you know like,"must fit" or must be "Spring purple") it is nigh on to impossible. After about six weeks of hunting though, I have found my purple. It was at Old Navy.com for $12.99 and it even comes in TALL! WooHoo! Triumph! (Now we shall see if it fits.)
Next, I have been craving big fat pretzels dipped in cheese sauce. I don't know what this new obsession is but I have given myself over to it. I had two of these lovelies last week and I want more!

Then there are the roses...Oh roses! How I love you! I have been dying to buy myself a dozen of these in an array of different colors for the kitchen table. But, they are so expensive I don't see it happening. Still, I pine for them and their peppery sweet scent.


And lastly, rootbeer. Barq's rootbeer to be exact. The one with the caffeine. Mmmm so good!

My perfect afternoon would consist of me, wearing my new purple shirt, sitting at the kitchen table enjoying a nice fat pretzel dipped in cheese, sipping a cold rootbeer and delighting in the sight and smell of my gorgeous roses.
That would be simply fantastic.
In other news,
The mouse that has been terrorizing our house lately has been "removed."
And on Sunday Murdock had his first tick. Can I just tell you how much I HATE ticks? He was only outside for a minute-from the house to the car and back. That was enough time for that disgusting little thing to attach itself to my baby's neck. I had to hold poor little Murdy down while Bobby removed him with tweezers. It was awful!
It is several days later though, and Murdock is fine.
Stupid ticks.

3 comments:

John Barclay said...

Every time I think of Barq's rootbeer I think of my dear friend Bill who passed away recently... he though it was Barg's like a boat Barge.... We would laugh out loud remembering when the day I told him it was Barq's... :)

Jenny said...

I'll join you at the table. I prefer my rootbeer without caffeine and I think I will wear yellow, but that shouldn't clash with the purple, or the roses.

Leslie had a nasty tick experience. They are such grossy things! Sorry your baby had one.

Heather said...

I love the shirt. I want one. Totally cute.

I am glad you got rid of the mouse but I am so sorry about the tick. Poor little guy! :(