"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

March 8, 2009

Time for Celebration






Today is one of my most favorite friend's birthday. Happy Happy Birthday Mena!!!
She is currently in LA but we decided to celebrate anyway.

I made a cake. My very first two-layer cake mind you, and I decorated it all by myself.
Yes, it is lopsided.
Yes, my circle decorations are not pretty.
I think the thing we all should be focusing on here is the fact that I, (ME!) made a cake! AND it was totally edible, demonstrated by my sweet little boy. (It was his first cake too. He thought it would be best enjoyed by spreading frosting on his eyelids. Awesome!)

Anyhoo,
Happiest of Birthdays Marina, we love you!

P.S- Sorry the pictures are blurry, I had to take them with my phone. Boo!

6 comments:

Marina said...

Nanette, it's the most beautiful cake I've ever seen!!! I'm so happy that Murdock got to enjoy it - what a great gift to see him enjoying his first cake on my birthday. Very special :)

Love you!

Jenny said...

Way to go, Cuz! The cake looks yummy, and I'm wishing it were in my house so I could have a slice for breakfast.

AmyJo Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AmyJo Denise said...

That Cake Looks Amazing! I love it!
& Murdock is SO cute!!

Heather said...

That is so sweet you celebrate her birthday while she is in another state.

You did a great job on the cake. You said it was lopsided but you can't tell. I will give you a tip: After getting the cake out of the pans, cut the tops off so that they are flat. Then use those cut off tops as the center of the cake, so that the bottom parts that were in the pans are the outside layer of the cake. Then your cakes will be even and you wont have it lopsided. Your cake looked great! Good job!

Tammy said...

Looks beautiful and delicious! Wouldn't it be amazing if you could e-mail a slice of cake? Mmm ... someday.