Murdock and I decided it was high time we went on a little lunch date.We hopped in the car and drove over to Dickson City. After mulling it over a bit, we both agreed that Red Robin was the best choice.
Murdock had the macaroni and cheese (that he threw on the floor and didn't eat at all) and milk. I enjoyed a juicy banzai burger with pineapple and teryiaki sauce. We shared some rootbeer. (I do believe that was our favorite part.)
Over all, we enjoyed ourselves. When on a lunch date, its really more about the conversation than the food. Murdock is a fantastic story teller! I was enthralled. He also pulled out his art skills and colored his mama a picture with a crayon in each hand. (See above photo.)
I encourage all of you to take a lunch date with your kids (its a bit of a hassle but totally worth it).


5 comments:
I very much agree. Today I had some one on one time with Laura... we did puzzles and had a grand time.
Last time we took our kids to a restraunt, it took about 5 min. for one of them to discover that there was gum under the table. They all dove under to take a look, while I squawked, "Get out from under the table!!!", and "Don't touch that!" I think that was two years ago. Maybe we'll start slow and work up...Maybe we could just buy at a drive-thru and park in a restraunt lot while we eat.
I never thought about taking Ayla on a lunch date at this age but I think I will. It would nice to get out of the house and just spend some time with just her. Cute that you did that. You are a sweet mother.
The fries are our favorite part of Red Robin. I love that place. I've never had the banzai burger, but I've always wanted to try it. I usually get the guacamole bacon burger. Yum!
I love his chubby checks with his binki in his mouth. It looks like he was okay to throw his mac & cheese on the floor this time.:)
Post a Comment