
Saturday I made freezer jam, it was my first time and I used Splenda to insure a sugar free status. I have to say, I enjoyed the experience.
I love the idea of canning. I admire, respect and pay homage to those of you out there who put in the blood, sweat and tears to make that happen. My Aunt Sandra makes the best soup mix in the entire world and I could live on the stuff, but ask me to make it and I might need a fainting couch (I am delicate you know). It is just so much work!
I have watched my mom year after year go through the entire process, making sure every painstaking step is followed through to the letter. She has it down to a science and I applaud her ( I have approximately 24 giant jars of baby applesauce in the cellar waiting for Murdock to consume-as soon as he grows out of his picky eating phase).
All those years of witnessing my Grandma, Mother and Aunts canning away has left me exhausted. I doubt I will ever have the self discipline to tackle it myself. And so, freezer jam it is! I will just have to purchase my cans of corn at the super market with the rest of the lazies out there.


4 comments:
Freezer jam rocks! Good job you! I love my mom's soup mix too.
Hooray for yummy freezer jam! I made my first batch of it this year too. I feel the same way about sewing that you do about canning. My mom did it, but she despised it. I wonder if I will ever be able to overcome my hang-ups and give it a try? I would love to be all creative and crafty ya know.
I heart freezer jam! We planted blackberry and raspberry bushes this summer in hopes that one day we will be able to make freezer jam of our very own. And by the way, does your aunt share her famous soup mix recipe? I would love to know it. :)
my first canning experiences (on my own) weren't so good. It has seriously taken some getting used to, and I really don't dare do anything but tomatoes and peaches. Freezer jam is great, isn't it? I don't think I would ever consider making a cooked strawberry jam. Ever.
Post a Comment