"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 7, 2009

Your Mouth to God's Ear

It's been a bummer of a week. Nothing bad has happened, but its been raining a lot. Bobby looked up from his hamburger at lunch today and sighed, I need some sunshine.
Amen!!!

I have been in need of some internal sunshine as well. I have started the fabulous (there is a touch of sarcasm in that last word) task of going off the antidepressants. I started taking them for the post pardum, but it has been a year and the Dr says I can be free of them if I want.
I want.
The thing is though, you just can't jump off the pill train...you have to ween yourself very slowly and it can mess with you a bit. I'm all sorts of sad sauce.

I have been really longing to surround myself with beautiful things. I got the idea from Nie.
Alas, I don't own too many beautiful things (unless you think books are a thing of beauty-oh I forgot, those are packed). This has only added to the sad sauce, making it thicker.

But today, as I turned up our drive, I noticed the Spring's first lilac blooms. My heart doubled in size and I had the feeling that I wasn't alone.
God loves me so much that he will grant me my little vanities now and then-He has surrounded me with beautiful things when I could not do it for myself.




5 comments:

AmyJo Denise said...

It's those kinds of moments that reaffirm that God knows us, and is so very aware of us.

He knows the small and simple things that will lift our hearts & fill our souls!

Rain just makes it so that flowers will have water to bloom!

I wish you much sunshine & soon!

Jenny said...

Keep stirring prayer and pondering into that sauce. Add a bit of scripture study--they are God's love letters to us--and it is sure to thin a bit.

Sara said...

Oh good ole postpartum. I mean really, is that necessary? Isn't it enough to go through 9 crappy months of pregnancy (at least for me they're crappy) and then having to actually HAVE the baby and then not sleeping/bathing/pooping by yourself (you know it's true)for the next year or so...do we really have to get depressed on top of it all?!?! It's a mystery to me. But lilacs are delicious!

Heather said...

God does love you! I love all the things he has created for us!

Guyla Thurgood said...

You deserve breakfast in bed for Mother's Day too!! Life can be tough sometimes but always remember that Heavenly Father does love you. You are a choice daughter of his and you have been blessed with family and friends who love you very much and are here for you whenever you need that lift! :-)