Well kids, June 29th marked our two year anniversary. Hooray for us!
This is my very favorite photo from our wedding. Reminds me to keep our hands on eternity when times get tough. And times do get tough.Here is the thing about marriage that I have learned:
Things are rarely, if ever 50/50.
Sometimes you have to give 60 or even 95%.
Sometimes you take 40 or 89%.
The trick for me has been learning when to give and when to take.
When to say something and when to keep my big mouth shut.
Because we all deal with things and the hardest ones are usually unseen. As much as I like to think I know what is going on in the head or heart of my Bobby, I really don't.
Only God can do that.
And so, I pray.
I pray to know what Bobby needs.
I pray for help to remember that life is short and that eternity is not that far away.
I pray for the sense of humor it takes to laugh off the day to day nonsense.
I pray to see my husband the way God sees him....and sometimes, I get the most breath taking glimpses.
I am lucky to be married to my friend.
I am happy to keep one hand in his and one hand in the Lord's.
I look forward to forever.
Happy Anniversary Sweetheart!



6 comments:
You made me cry.:)
Celebrate! A beautiful tribute to marriage and to Bobby.
Well said. Beautiful words. I too am trying hard to implement more and more prayer in my life. Happy Anniversary!
Sniff, sniff... that was wonderful Nannetter... Nice pictures too. :)
I often wonder how on earth I got so very lucky to have such a wonderful, understanding, beautiful, smart, funny, quirky, humble, thoughtful, caring, loving, forgiving, honest, giving wife! :) I love you sweetheart, I look forward to growing old with you. xoxo
Post a Comment