
Meet house #2. (Sorry about the smallness of the picture but in a way it is fitting, read on.)
Bobby found this one on Sunday. We were all home from church with the sickies so we piled into the car and drove the 45 mins it takes to go see it.
Funny enough, it is only a mile away from house #1. We really love the area so we rejoiced over that a bit. The house on the outside really is quite lovely-new siding and roof, driveway, small backyard and even a GARAGE! (For those of you stuck on the West Coast, the garage is an elusive and almost unheard of white unicorn in our area. We were stunned and thrilled at the same time...we try not to speak of it out loud for fear it might up and disappear on us.)
The inside is in good condition, it needs new carpet and some love here and there but it has the potential to be charming and homey and that is just what we are looking for.
The only downside I would say is the size: 900 square feet. I was trying to describe it for Dad last night and called it a giant closet. That seems to sum it up. It has two bedrooms and one bathroom. I am nervous only because we would like to have another baby but can we all fit into the closet? We shall see.
Yesterday we went inside with the realtor to check it out.
We made an offer on the spot.
We will find out Wed if it is accepted.
It is about $200 less a month than house #1 which I like. It would be lovely to continue adding to savings.
As far as the first house and the happenings there, the seller decided she wanted more money and we decided to just sit on it and continue looking to see if there was anything better. Right before we went to look at this house, we got the news that she had changed her mind and accepted our original offer.
We will keep that one on the back burner.
I will let you know what happens.


6 comments:
Lots of house confusion at your area it sounds like. I like the BIG CLOSET! I heard once that a small home makes a happy family. We can cut that in vinyl and put it over your front door so you can remember each time you enter.:) Good luck on deciding which house and what to do. Love ya!! Lots of love from Idaho too!!
Wow, that would be confusing. But congrats. I know you will find the right home for you and your family.
Good luck!
It has been my recent expereince that we have filled up every corner of our house and are almost wishing we had more space.
How long are you planning on living there?
I just hope what ever is best happens for you!!! Good Luck!
Good luck with all the house bits! I know we couldn't fit ourselves and the dogs into 900 sq.feet, but then again we need space for our various worky bits.
So what happened to Nanette reviewing products and talking skin? There is info that we need, woman!!
Nanette,
True it may be small, but it looks like home! Maybe it will easy to clean? That is my key to finding the perfect home. Good Luck with your decision.
Post a Comment