"When it rains, it pours."
Over the past few months, I have often repeated this phrase to myself. It seems like it just takes one thing-ONE THING to go wrong-and that will be the catalyst for a long list of wrongs.
Our camera decided to not work properly. That's all it took. One small camera. Several other unhappy happenings followed and needless to say, we are not yet in our house.
I was starting to succumb to that hopeless feeling that nothing again would ever be right in our lives when I decided to accept an invitation to a bridal shower two hours away.
I left the boy at home with Bobby and took the therapeutic drive thorough the Poconos. I breathed. I reminded myself that it could be SO MUCH worse (it really can be, you know). I visited the Barclays.
The Barclays and I go back almost seven years. I met them through their son who served part of his mission in my home town. Cathy has been my partner in crime and Dear John has been a quiet strength and a kind word. I love visiting this couple. There is always Chinese food and always something to laugh about.
Sometime during the course of conversation, my sad camera was brought up and Dear John without blinking, said that he would simply have to give me one.
"What?"
A camera is never a cheap thing and even if you happen to have one laying around, its not something that you just give away! But Dear John doesn't care about such things. When I tried to protest, Cathy gave me the "Don't fight it" look and I bit my tongue.
Meet my new best friend, Cannon:

Bobby and I still can't believe it. All it takes is one act of kindness, one tender mercy and suddenly everything is back to what it should be. One camera can be the catalyst for a list of good things to manifest themselves.
We should be in our house by the end of the month. :)
And now we don't have to miss a moment of memories with this guy:
He happens to be the greatest tender mercy of all.


6 comments:
Just wanted to say I love you Nanners!
Oh! This makes me want to cry for you. How kind! I love it!
Now can we PLEASE get a photo of that belly?
YAY!! You have dear loving friends! Maybe it was the answer to my many prayers sent up in your behalf!:) Now...my goal is going to be to get your vinyl sign done and in the mail before you are moved in. (If you want any others let me know!) I sure love you and LOVE the curly hair on your little man!:)
Well nice going Nanette... Seeing the picture of Doc with the new (old) camera make we well up with tears and cry... He is the reason I needed you to have a camera. You need to have pictures that you can cherish for years to come. I loved Elder Bednar's talk on Tender Mercies and am honored to be considered one of yours. Love you guys.
You never know where the next act of kindness will come from!
Melinda
Wow that is a good camera too! I have a power shot too. That is wonderful they gave you that. I am glad you get to capture the moments again!
Post a Comment