"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 1, 2010

Family Update

I simply cannot get enough of Murdock lately. I want to hold and kiss him 24/7. I don't know if it's the new buzz cut, the fact that he is FINALLY calling me mommy on a regular basis or his new cutesy smile that makes me feel this way-but feel this way I do. Maybe it is because in the last week or so I have become a source of comfort to him. I haven't been the go-to since he was three months old and I have to selfishly admit that I LOVE it. I have this odd feeling that the precious baby time for him is running out and fast. I am doing everything I can to absorb it all while I still can. I worry that after the baby is born, my time for him will not be as abundant and that makes me sad. I know he will be just fine but I don't think I will.

Last Monday Bobby threw his back out. He had to come home from work and remain home all week. It was nice having him around but the poor guy could hardly move and with my big belly in the way I am slightly useless so we had to shuffle around and not much got done. We were supposed to move on Sat but I think you can guess what happened to that plan. We are both a little discouraged at this point.
Luckily he felt good enough to go back to work today. We are crossing our fingers that in another couple of weeks or so he will be back to normal and we can ONCE AGAIN attempt to move.

Murdock is his very own self. He drives us all crazy and makes us laugh harder than anything else possibly could. Our new favorite thing is going on shape hunts around the house. We look for things shaped like triangles (his personal favorite), squares and circles. He always surprises me by noticing things that I never would. He likes to tell me that I have done a "good job" so I don't feel so bad-I'm grateful for that.
He is looking more and more like a little boy and not a toddler. I am happy to report though that his cheeks still bounce up and down when he runs. As long as I can hold on to that, I think I will survive this whole growing up nonsense.

Aisha Mae (the dog) went to the doggie spa and got the royal treatment. She hasn't been professionally groomed in years and we felt that it was time. Happily, I talked Bobby into getting her a new collar and a pink one at that! (Bobby thinks that pink collars are lame.) She looks lovely and she knows it. :)

Well, I think that just about sums it up. I have taken more pictures of our daily stuff and things but you will just have to come back later this week to see them.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Sorry to hear your moving day has been set back again! But glad to know it is coming soon! I can't wait for pics of the closet!!! This is a fun post. I love bouncing toddler cheeks too. :)

Amy said...

Ohhhh, so sorry the move was delayed. Moving is such an ordeal. I don't know how anyone can do it while pregnant. You just enjoy that little Murdock all you can because, yes, his days of getting you all to himself are rapidly coming to an end. But, a good end :-)

Natalie said...

I love the thought of Murdock's cheeks bouncing! So cute! I am sorry about not getting moved, and I know first hand how miserable it is to have a husband down with a hurt back. So glad he is recovering....for your sake!:) Love ya!

Unknown said...

OH! I hope you guys get felling better ASAP! Take care!

BMX photo said...

hi there.
warm greeting for your family 0_0

Heather said...

I know what you mean about the time with Murdock is limited. I am so wanting another kid and I do think about how I will have divide my attention between both kids and that makes me sad but it will be worth it!

I hope Bobbies back gets feeling better. I know how that goes, Kurt goes to a chiropractor ever month for his back.

I love that Murdock is looking for shapes. He is one bright little boy!