"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

October 26, 2011

Wednesday Thoughts

It is almost November, and at our house, we have been trying this year to be more grateful for all of our blessings (both seen and unseen).

The other day, I found myself complaining about the laundry and my utter distaste for it. But it gave me pause because I remember washing my clothes in the tub in South Africa or scrounging for loose change so I could have clean clothes in college. I remembered those early days after Murdock's birth, taking LOADS of it to the laundromat and trying to keep a newborn happy while waiting hours for it to finish.
And then we got our washer and dryer and the heavens opened and it felt like God was smiling at me. How could I ever forget that? Why would I ever complain?
Probably because I am human and prone to forgetfulness.

My other nemesis is the dishes.
Dishes and I have NEVER been friends. (If you don't believe me, ask my mom.)
But I recently found this poem that has changed my heart and the way I think about them:


May we always have laundry and dishes to do.
(If you would like to print it out, just click on it to enlarge and save to your computer.)

Photobucket

2 comments:

AaronTara said...

I've been reflecting on blessings lately as well. I've been stressed and not relying on the Lord enough. I'm definitely human. But as I look at my life I always remember that I have so many things to be thankful for.
Dishes are definitely my never-ending "enemy." : D

Rachael said...

Thank you for the sweet reminder to be thankful! :)

I also love the fort in the post below. It looks like it was a lot of fun.