"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

November 22, 2015


I felt like writing today.

I know I said I was planning on blogging once again but life got in the way. Life has been a bit of an obstacle lately and I know I am not alone in my feelings. I am sure somewhere out there in internet land, there is a stay at home mom who feels the weight of the entire world on her shoulders. Someone who feels maybe she too is drowning in her days.
Depression is funny that way. It will tell you that you are isolated. Alone. That everyone else with the exception of just you, is happy and thriving. It makes you feel like you are outside in the cold with your nose pressed to the window of life and that you are not good enough to go inside. But the truth is, depression is a bit of a sorority or fraternity. It is a large group with an initiation and secret language of it's own. The truth is, even if you wanted to, you could not possibly be alone.

This bout has been a particularly rough one. It brought it's friend, Anxiety, along for the ride. Anxiety attacks are the worst. They rob you of hope and hope is really the only weapon one has against a case of the sads. Hope is everything. Hope is a strength, a power and a gift. We need hope. NEED.

So I have been looking for hope. Luckily, I know where to find it :

I am in the thick of my sad. But I wanted to stretch out my hand to anyone in the Depression Club who might feel that all hope is gone. Its not.




Photobucket

3 comments:

The Triplett Family said...

NANETTE, so glad to hear from you again. I was so excited when I signed onto my blog and saw you had updated. So sorry to hear life is a struggle right now. I wish I could come over, give you a big hug, and share a laugh about something. I sincerely hope you start feeling whole again soon!

AaronTara said...

I saw Ollie in October and I have thought of you both often since. Memories have come flooding back of the time spent together as youth trying to figure out our place in this world. Though we have lost touch over the years, I am so glad I can peek into your life through your blog. I will never be able to understand your unique struggles, though I admit I, too, am a member of the anxiety group. Despite all of my planning life fails to get the memo. I appreciate your willingness to share your challenges and hopefully we all can do our best to buoy one another up.
Congrats on Sawyer! I bet he is just as adorable as Murdock and Hudson. I love you my friend.

Unknown said...

I know this is an old post, and I know we haven't talked in years, not have I read a single blog post from anyone in sooooo long....

But this was just what I needed tonight. You spoke to my heart. I am that at home mom.

I love you.