"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

February 4, 2014

Murdock Moments at McDonald's

We have been home-bound for FAR TOO LONG.
Its always one thing or another that has prevented us from getting out on a regular basis and yesterday, we hit the wall.
We put our boots on, braved the horrid snowy weather and drove to McDonalds with minimal sliding.
Because they have an indoor play place, and people, little boys need to play!

So I unleashed the children and that magical pent-up-kid energy propelled them to new heights of happy running about.

We had a fabulous time.
But something that I will remember forever is Murdock's first encounter with cooties.

There were two other children also taking advantage of the indoor park equipment-both girls.
Murdock is a social butterfly and desperately wanted to include them in the "Secret Mission Car" game that he and his brother were playing.
They were at the top of the slide and this is the conversation I heard:

Murdock: "Excuse me. Excuse me please young ladies,(yes, he really said that) do you want to go to the secret mission car? Its Munchie's turn to drive!"

Little Girls: "No. You are a boy. We don't play with boys."

Murdock: "But its really fun to play."

Little Girls: "No. We don't know you, go away."

And then my sweet little gentleman came down with the most confused face I have ever seen him sport. The poor kid had absolutely no clue why little girls would not be rushing to play with two very fun guys.
I tried hard to explain that little girls were sometimes like that but it was just a phase and one day he wouldn't run into such problems.
Even with my explanation, he was utterly baffled.

I hope he always wants to include everyone.
I have a feeling he will, its just the way he came.

Seriously, how can you say no to this face?

(This picture always makes me chuckle. Its like he is smiling with his whole head.)

 Photobucket

2 comments:

Natalie said...

LOVE the whole head smile! :)

Janene said...

Just taking a trip down my blogroll .... I didn't know you were back! Joy to read your posts :) I'll continue to come visit

p.s. I'm glad you're a product junkie. I need someone to tell me what I should go buy!