
My parents got us a subscription to the Ensign and Friend magazines for Christmas. The first copies arrived yesterday and I was tickled pink. (I can say that now.) We haven't had the magazines since we moved and I have been so homesick for them.
I just feel better even having them in my home. Its like my spirit has given a big sigh of relief.
I hate to admitt it, but I have really neglected my spiritual self the past few years. At a stage in my life where I should have held on tighter, I just let go...
Which makes it all the more amazing that God has always made His presence known even in those past bleak times.
I find it interesting that you can go to church and do the things that you are supposed to do everyday and still neglect that essential part that channels real joy.
How easy it is to forget that we need to plug in and recharge.
That is why I love having the Ensign and Friend. In the few minutes it takes to read an article I can do just that. Recharge. Reconnect. Remember.
I am so grateful for the blessings in my life and the peace that I take in moments all for myself.
And the moments I get to share:
Murdock got his time confused this morning and thought that 5am was the perfect time to rise and shine. Bobby (not a morning person) was displeased, so Doc and I headed downstairs for a little "US" time. He sat on my lap and we looked at the pictures in the Friend. Once in a while, he would even let me read to him. We snuggled on the couch beneath my great granmother's quilt and watched the sun rise. It was a perfect hour we spent together.
Thank you Mom and Dad.


2 comments:
Tickled pink? HA!!! FUNNY!!! :)
So you are human after all and NOT spiritual every day?!?! Amazing!
Welcome to real life where it is a balancing act to make sure we take care of all aspects of ourselves... spiritual included.
You are and always will be great in my eyes!
Hugs, JB
It was so nice to hear from you.
I love your blog. I am so glad you met Bobby.
Your little guy is so adorable.
Post a Comment