"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 29, 2010

Random Musings on a Friday Morning-a Post Wherein My Son Grows Up Too Fast and I Feel Loved

This morning I was greeted by some sun. Oh wondrous sun!!! Please do not go away again...at least for a week? I need you.

Yesterday Murdock and I sat on the couch watching some pre-nap cartoons. His eyes started to water and the aroma that followed meant only one thing.

Me: Murdock, did you have a poop?

Doc: Yes.

Me: Do you need a diaper change?

Doc: Yes.

But here is where it gets all sorts of fun. He gives me his naughty smile and then proceeds to get on all fours and rub his tiny little bum all over me. This of course leads to hysterical laughter from his end (I know, I'm hilarious) and strange looks of disbelief from myself.

What happened to my sweet baby? All of a sudden he is running around making flatulent sounds on his hands and rubbing his filthy bum all over me. He has turned into a little boy overnight and I am not pleased.
And I have to ask, where did he learn such nonsense? I don't let him watch nasty cartoons. Bobby and I don't act like that. Good grief.
Heaven preserve my mother heart!

I want to go for a walk in Central Park...maybe I'll drive the two hours and do just that. Maybe I won't.

I want a maple doughnut. A big one.

Today is Friday. This makes my heart smile because I will have Bobby home all weekend and I can look at his cute face whenever I like. We have big plans to tackle the laundry together. This will be the first time since we were married that such an event will occur-it's like Christmas! I sure do love that guy.
Wednesday afternoon he sent me a text that he was making an appointment at Alexander's for me to have a pedicure. (I get a little teary when I think about it.) My legs and feet have been tortured by relaxin the past week and the pedicure brought sweet relief. Did I mention that I love that guy? I do, ya know?

Murdock called me Mommy yesterday. I quickly forgave him all his new rude tricks.
Perhaps while the glorious sun is still high I will take him for a walk and pretend we are in New York.
Maybe we will walk to a place that sells doughnuts.
Maybe I will wear sandals and show off my sexy red toenails.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

What a cute post. And, ya right you and bobby don't act like that. I KNOW YOU! I am sure you have done something somewhat similar in your life.:) I am happy about the red toe nails. I am also happy that Bobby is going to help you TACKLE the laundry. Sometimes laundry becomes a two man job! Happy laundrying this weekend. I will be thinking of you as I work on my own.

Melinda said...

Laundry--BAD, BAD, BAD word. It never goes away!
Boys will be boys-I think they are born with some of the stuff they come up with. :)
Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by today, it was good to see you.

Melinda

Jenny said...

I felt the same when Jacob had to shoot everything suddenly. With his finger. They come this way!!!! I hope you found that donut.