"The earth laughs in flowers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 30, 2014

The Journey



A while back I was talking to a good friend and she said something that echos inside me on days like today, "This will be the hardest road you will ever travel. But its something you have to do."
Boy was she right.

When Murdock was two, I noticed some behavioral things that gave me pause.
I discussed them with my sweet husband and his family and they gently brushed it aside.
So I tried to move on.
But with time, either the behavior will improve or get worse and my baby was not improving.
By the time he was three, I knew.

It took a lot of prayer, a lot of research, MANY tears, a few more years of choosing my battles and now, just before Murdy turns six, we have a diagnosis:
Autism.

I have struggled for some time to form a complete thought and to sum up my feelings. I wish I could dig deep and share a piece of my heart.
Instead, I will share this little video.
I think it does a much better job than I ever could.



For anyone out there who might be on a journey of your own, I promise we do not walk alone. I have never trusted God more than I do now, and I give thanks for my son who has given me far more than I could ever give in return.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you sweet friend! we are here for you. Don't travel this road alone. Xoxoxo

The Triplett Family said...

Murdock is awesome, period. Sweet video, very uplifting.

Natalie said...

You, Nanette, are one of the incredible mothers that Heavenly Father picked out just for this special little boy and his beautiful spirit! I get to be one of "those" special mothers too and some days are hard and the tears come easily and others are just AMAZING to watch and learn from these sweet blessings that call us mom! I love you! I have ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS got your back!!